Sunday, October 14, 2007

Pumpkin Patch photo shoot...

On Friday, Oct. 12, our playgroup went to Daniel's, a local nursery that doubles as a "pumpkin patch" in the fall. Maria has been given some adorable seasonal outfits, so of course I decked her out in the cutest little sweater, some new khakis, and new brown shoes daddy bought for her (he did a GREAT job!). I was bound and determined to get that 'perfect shot' of Maria posing in the pumpkins... well, she would have none of that! She likes to be right next to her favorite people, so separating herself for the desired photo shoot was pretty much out of the question, unless I wanted a picture of her screaming...

No, I will not look at you...

...but I'll look at the other mommies next to you!


I prefer to eat the photo props!



OK, I'll look at the camera just this once... since Mommy isn't taking the picture!

Mommy's photo of the aftermath at a stoplight on the way home...

Honestly, she is so darned cute that it didn't matter... she loved holding my hand as we walked through the pumpkins, and stopping for a hug when some other kid got too close. I don't know why I continue to see this as a challenge - I know I should just be appreciating the time she wants to be close to me, instead of wishing for a photo opportunity. I have a bad habit of always wanting more, and not being 'in the moment'. I'm working on this daily....


Anyway, we had a great time running through the pumpkins, checking out the 'petting zoo', and going on a barrel-ride behind a tractor. (I was scared to death the thing was going to tip over and kill us all, but Maria just smiled and said "Weee!!!!" the whole time... ignorance is such bliss!)

1 comment:

ssouth said...

Looks like fun! We need to get to a pumpkin patch soon! Happy Fall! Jenny Shaffer